Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
relenle  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:43:13 PM(UTC)
relenle

Groups: Registered

I have sent email from remote domain( @yandex.ru) to local domain (@devspace.com). Remote domain email server said that "The message has sent successful" but in my inbox folder local domain is no incoming messages. No errors. What happens in this?

Edited by user Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:52:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ivan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 4:55:06 PM(UTC)
ivan

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 54 post(s)
relenle wrote:
I have sent email from remote domain( @yandex.ru) to local domain (@devspace.com). Remote domain email server said that "The message has sent successful" but in my inbox folder local domain is no incoming messages. No errors. What happens in this?

Hi, I just checked MX record of devspace.com

devspace.com MX preference = 20, mail exchanger = mailstore1.secureserver.net
devspace.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = smtp.secureserver.net

That means all email to devspace.com will be sent to above servers, but above servers are not running emailarchitect server.
Please make sure you set the correct MX record of your domain.

To let other email servers deliver emails to local domain correctly, you are required to set MX record in your DNS Server. Besides, you need to assign the IP address of current machine to the MX record.

For Example:
If you add a domain named "adminsystem.com", you should add a MX record named "mail.adminsystem.com" in DNS server. You also need to set DNS server to resolve (Add a A record named "mail.adminsystem.com" and set IP address of the email server to this record) "mail.adminsystem.com" to the IP address of the email server.

How does it work?
When a SMTP server receive an email with recipient's email address "test@adminsystem.com", it looks up the MX record from DNS server and finds out that this email should be relayed to "mail.adminsystem.com". After resolving the IP address of "mail.adminsystem.com" via DNS server, this email will be delivered to your current machine and received by EmailArchitect Email Server.